Finding your way
There are several detours in Minneapolis involving 35W north and south and some closed downtown exits - see the bottom of this page for a map of detours and alternate routes to take.
Parking and bus info:
While there are many parking spaces around Loring Park, including street spots, surface lots, ramps and garages, we encourage you to consider a free ride from Metro Transit. Learn all about all the options here!
There are detours in Minneapolis - check mndot.gov/35w94 to see if any affect your route.
Don't want to deal with parking? Ride the bus for free. Click on the blue buttons above for the date you are coming and print the free pass. We're conveniently located near many major bus lines:
- Bus Routes 4, 6, 12 on Hennepin / Lyndale Aves. run to Loring Park
- Routes 17 & 18 run on Nicollet Ave. (bus stop is 3 blocks west of Loring Park on 15th Street at Nicollet)
Nice Ride Bike Stations are located on Harmon Ave. and on the corner of W. 15th St. and Willow St. and across Hennepin by the Walker Art Center
Check out www.bikewalktwincities.org/maps-routes for additional options and local bike maps.
- Dunwoody Institute - Hennepin and Dunwoody Blvd. - all day parking - FREE
- MCTC Parking Ramp at Hennepin and 16th Street. FREE
- Architectural Alliance - 400 Clifton Ave. - FREE
- Sculpture Garden/Parade Parking Lot on Kenwood Pkwy just beyond Sculpture Garden $3.50 flat rate
- Vineland Public Ramp - enter on Vineland. The ramp is under the Walker Art Center. Up to 12 hours - $8.00
- Between Lyndale Ave. and Hennepin Ave. under the freeway. $5 6AM-6PM exact change for box
- St. Mark's Cathedral lot available Saturday at 9:00-6:00 and Sunday 10:00-3:00 (parking available only for guests of the art fair - no all day parking) - $10.00 cash only.
- White Earth Nation - 1730 Clifton Pl. General public parking - paid parking, not sure of amount
- LPM 1369 Spruce Place. General public parking. Rates: 30 minutes - 1 hour - $4, 2 -10 hours - $10.
- Harmon Place 1600 Harmon Place. Lot opens at 10:00 a.m. Saturday & Sunday. $10
- Loring Muncipal Ramp at the Hyatt (Grant and Nicollet enter on Nicollet) $4 per hour, 24 hours $17
For individuals with limited mobility: Parking meters are hooded to provide free, accessible parking on W. 15th St. across from St. Mark's and on Willow St at W. 15th St. near the corner across the street from the park.